Tuesday, March 10, 2015

latest obsessions.

I've begun to realize that I am apprehensive of sharing things on this blog that don't fall within the "food" category.  For the most part this blog is a food blog so why should I talk about anything else?  

But I am a person of random interests and what is a blog if not a forum for talking about things you love so I'm creating a new weekly installment which I like to call "Latest Obsessions".  This will run the gamut from books and TV to chocolate bars that I can't get enough of.  It will be a whole lot of hodge podge but it will also be a whole lot of fun.   Hopefully it helps you find something new to love.   

The JINX on HBO may be the greatest documentary/mini-series ever created.   Tyler and I binge watched the first 4 episodes this past weekend and we are now obsessed with all things Robert Durst. He is one phenomenally interesting and twisted person.  A multi-millionaire who has been linked to several different murders but never actually accused.  A must watch.  

Miley Cyrus singing 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover.  This has been on repeat.  Like, serious repeat.  Girl can sing.

The Storied Life of A.J. Firky is my latest read.  It's about love and books and it may be the best novel I've read in a while.  

While Tyler was sick this past weekend, I had a nice "me" day in the city on Saturday where I visited the farmer's market and took myself to Breads Bakery.  I didn't expect to buy a loaf of Marizpan Challah but I did and it's awesome. Call ahead to make sure it's available as I think it may be a Saturday only kind of thing.   (See above photo for proof of its deliciousness.) 

I finally caved and bought myself a pair of sneakers (other then white Converse) for wearing places besides the gym.  These are them and they are awesome.  They look killer with white jeans and a tee as well as with black jeans and nude sweater as they provide the perfect pop of color in my otherwise neutrals-centric wardrobe. Also, I am pretty sure I am entering my thirties as I am now only interested in practical shoes.  (Kidding! I spotted these most impractical shoes and am currently in love though they are out of budget and Tyler called them awful.  If anyone wants to buy them for me I will pay you in cookies and hugs.)

This story from NYMag about people who are atypical and live on the fringes of social margins is utterly fascinating.   

No comments:

Post a Comment