Monday, May 12, 2014

#springishere.

Spring is here! Spring is here!  

Rhubarb and asparagus have made there epic return and I literally giddy about that.  I've been working on some recipes that incorporate those ingredients (but not together!) and I will be sharing them in the next couple of days, but until then, let's review some of my spring favorites (most notably shaved asparagus pizza which is still my favorite way to eat asparagus).  

Also to note! I made rhubarb jam again last night (because what else is there to do but make jam at 9pm on Sunday night) and dialed the sugar down to a generous 3/4 cup.  The smaller amount of sugar makes for a much better jam with the perfect amount of both tart and sweet.   




asparagus.
burrata with asparagus, pine nuts, and golden raisins.
shaved asparagus pizza.


rhubarb.
rhubarb strawberry pudding cake.
strawberry jam and rhubarb jam.
strawberry rhubarb pie.
yogurt panna cotta with roasted rhubarb compote and caramelized nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment