Thursday, May 22, 2014

a long holiday weekend.

The un-official (kind of official) start of summer has arrived and I have a long weekend of eating planned. This weekend may include but is not limited to my favorite cheeseburger in all the land, an upside-down rhubarb cake (the rhubarb binge continues), kale and apple slaw, thai food galore, and chocolate chip cookies.  I am kind of really excited.  

If you are heading to a bbq, visiting friends, or simply looking for something really delicious to make, below are my list of suggestions.  Because three day weekends are made for cooking and eating and lazy days spent outside (with a large lemonade and the latest issue of Bon Appetit).  

(This list makes me realize that I may need to add tacos and tex-mex to my weekend plans.)



savory.
spring pea guacamole. 

bread and butter pickles.
black bean burgers.
chipotle chicken, corn, and avocado tacos. 
corn pizza with bacon.
fish tacos with peppadew tartar sauce.
tacos al carbon.
tex-mex sloppy joes.
mexicali pizza.
cuban sandwich.
jalapeno flour tortillas.
tacos with carnitas and pineapple salsa.

sweet.
austrian shortbread bars.
brown butter blondies.
chocolate-crusted banana blondies.  
rye-rhubarb bars. 
rhubarb strawberry pudding cake.
cornflake-chocolate-chip-marshmallow cookie.
ginger and brown butter dark chocolate chunk cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment