Tuesday, February 26, 2013

a california road trip.

The beauty of working for corporate America is that I am forced to take a mandatory two week vacation every year (it is the single best thing about working in corporate America).  The boy and I have used this time to visit many amazing far flung locations - Barcelona, Cape Town, London, and Buenos Aries, but this year we decided to stay a little closer to home and take a road trip down the coast of California.  I've had California on my mind for a while now.  I don't know what keeps drawing me to the other side of the US but I continually feel this pull.  I imagine a lot of this desire stems from the number of restaurants I've been dying to try - places I've heard about, read about, watched TV shows about but have yet to visit (until now!).  (I am literally salivating every time I think about all that I will get to eat.)  I am also super excited to finally experience life on the west coast.  Something quieter and more relaxed.  The pace of New York suits me (I can't imagine not living here as I thrive in a fast-paced environment)  but I am looking forward to experiencing a different kind of lifestyle.  One where you spend your mornings hiking in national parks and spending you afternoons drinking beer on the beach.  So the question is what are your can't miss spots.  Where should I search for antiques and vintage clothes? Where is the can't miss farmers markets?  Where can I find the best Mexican food?  What restaurant is your favorite?  Should I be worried I will never want to return to New York?  

Image via Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment